"In New Zealand in 2013 it was reported that 24.8% of 16 and 17 year olds had used cannabis. If you use drugs do you really want to know what it does to your body?"
When you are under the influence of drugs you lose the ability to control yourself and your environment. If you can't control your environment you become an easy target and your safety is compromised, this is when a predator see's you as a victim."
One of the consequences for me was that I developed hepatitus C, and by the time I was 26 my teeth became rotten and I needed false teeth."
If you are a young person and you are taking or thinking about using drugs you should consider how this affects:
- Your physical and mental health
- Your relationship with family, friends and partner
- Your general safety
- Your school relationships and study
- Your potential exposure to violent situations
- Your increased risk of contracting infectious diseases
- Your increased risk of an unwanted pregnancy or a sexually transmitted infection
Our goal is to work with students, teachers and professional organisations to provide helpful information and realistic solutions for our youth.